Currently, we are looking for a smart Java Team Lead.
On your position, you will combine technical skills with management skills and business analysis. You will work as a leading technical specialist who is responsible for all technical solutions on the project, manages the development team (including developers), coordinates the work with the user interface development team and the QA team, and also provides constant communication with the client on all aspects related to timely delivery of the project with the best results. You will work under the guidance of the solution architect. Projects can have a combination of several technologies, and you need to be an expert in at least one technology and have knowledge of other technologies. Usually, this is a combination of Java and mobile technologies.
- Experience in software development 3 years minimum;
- Working experience on leading Java position or willing to develop the leadership skills;
- Good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or software engineering;
- Organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills;
- Ready to work on projects where not only Java technologies are used but also mobile technologies;
- Upper Intermediate English (close to Advanced) is a MUST;
- Working experience with distributed teams.
- Leading and controlling team development process and its results;
- Participation in overall project management, planning, time estimation, and resource scheduling;
- Preparing necessary documents related to project. You may work together with business analyst and you should have good understanding of BA work, preparing user stories, gathering requirements, etc;
- Constant review of the results of all team members: developers, UI design, and QA engineers;
- Сommunications with clients (optional): gathering technical requirements and tasks.
- Java Core (OOP, collections, I/O, concurrency, generics, annotations, design patterns);
- Database experience (views, triggers, functions, constraints);
- Good knowledge of REST principles;
- Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, WebSockets;
- Java Build tools: Ant, Maven, SBT, Jenkins;
- UML diagramming.
You will work with:
- Atlassian software stack;
- REST on Spring Boot, Play Framework;
- PostgreSQL via QueryDSL;
- Stripe payment system;
- Twilio for delivering SMS and voice records;
- Swagger for API documentation;
- Gitlab for Pull Requests and code review.
As a plus:
- Unit testing (JUnit, Mockito);
- AngularJS, ReactJS, ReactNative;
- Experience with payment systems: Stripe, Paypal;
- Familiarity with Android and iOS;
We provide an inspiring working environment where our people feel rewarded and engaged.
- We expect a lot from our employees – and in return, we are also willing to give a great deal. You will challenge difficult, diverse, non-standard projects and tasks. But at the end of the day, you’ll be proud of what you’ve done.
- We strongly encourage the initiative of growth and development of our guys. It is in your best interest to learn new languages and technologies and to implement them into existing and new projects. It won’t be unattended and we will definitely reward you.
- We pay great attention to the health of our employees, so we offer wide health insurance, which also includes a dentist. And better drink tea with ginger and lemon, we have it the year round.
- Softarex Technologies provides only personal attitude to employees. Our HR team helps the newbies at every step of adapting in the company. No less attention is paid to employees who feel here like at home (literally having their own slippers here).
- Of course, that’s not all at all. Check the full benefits package here and let’s get it started!