In the modern world, everyone is trying to simplify their lives as much as possible. And what about controlling the light from the device, which is always at hand – a mobile phone. So the idea to create an application for light management was born.
We have developed an application for software and hardware solution that enables initializing a set of DALI ballasts and configure its various settings using graphical interface. In its turn, GUI makes possible the use of icons or other visual indicators to interact with electronic devices. It allows to bind wireless EnOcean switches to specific actions for individual ballasts so that later users can change lighting in a room just with a simple click.
Our client is a company that develops software and hardware solutions for automation, as well as for measuring instruments.
- The main goal was to produce an automatic lighting management solution for a set of up to 64 DALI ballasts. What is more, we wanted to have an ability to control ballasts via wireless gadgets using EnOcean protocol. To initialize all ballasts addresses in about 5 minutes was another challenge in our list.
What was achieved:
- thanks to our new solution, the Internet of Things and a Smart House have become even more closer and accessible;
- now you can remotely control groups of light bulbs, not only turn them on and off, but also control the brightness at your discretion.
- The range is quite extensive, and it is more than enough to manage the big apartment or even the whole office.
- Library for CoDeSys PLC to communicate with DALI and EnOcean devices via gateways.
- Visualization for CoDeSys PLC to manage a set of up to 64 ballasts via GUI.
- Binding of wireless EnOcean switches to individual ballasts for actions like turning on/off, etc.